THE RULES FOR THIS AWARD
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Mention Okoto Enigma, creator of the award
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer five questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers
- Notify your nominees by leaving a message on their comments
- Ask your nominees five questions of your choice, including a funny or a weird one
- Share the link to your best post
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
- One of my favourite pieces of music is Beethoven’s Piano Concerto no. 5, “The Emperor.”
- My favourite sin food is potato chips, salt and black pepper flavour in particular.
- I have been lucky enough to visit three of the lighthouses on the British Columbia coast.
QUESTIONS FROM ELIZABETH
- What is the first book you really loved and read over and over?
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.
- What fictional character would you like to live with?
Right now it would be France Leighton, the main character of my novel She Who Comes Forth, because I’ve just started writing the sequel to it, and I could ask her for plot suggestions.
- Which writer would you like to have dinner with?
Richard Adams, author of Watership Down, Maia, and The Girl in a Swing.
- Which fictional character do you really detest?
Steerpike, the villain in Mervyn Peake’s Gormenghast and Titus Groan.
- Would you rather dance or read?
Read, no question. I prefer to dance internally.
MY FAVOURITE BLOG POST
I’ve been blogging for more than a decade, so I have a lot of choices, but I decided on a post from August 2018 called Our Golden Age? It’s about the phenomenon of indie publishing many of us are part of.
Now, those of you who have read my posts know me as a rule-quibbler, so I’m sure you’re not surprised that I am breaking Rules 6, 7, and 8. I am not going to nominate any other blogs, but I did sort of enjoy putting this post together.